Membership is open to all persons interested in Latin America. Its objectives are the promotion of interest in Latin America, scholarly research pertaining to Latin America in all fields, and the increase of friendly contacts among the peoples of the Americas.
To join SECOLAS or renew a current membership, you may do so online, by phone, or by mail through the University of North Carolina Press. Please visit https://www.uncpress.org/secolas-membership/ for more information.Join today
Benefits of SECOLAS Membership:
- The right to submit articles and books to our annual prize competitions
- Subscription to The Latin Americanist (3 issues annually, plus the SECOLAS Annals)
- Regular Updates on SECOLAS Events
Types of Memberships
SECOLAS offers two membership types — professional and discounted — as outlined below. Membership begins the day dues are paid and lasts 12 months. In addition to paying for a membership, you may purchase a conference registration with your membership—people who purchase a membership with conference registration before January 15, 2019 (early bird) receive a discount. For information on location and dates of the next conference visit the SECOLAS website.
- independent scholars
- university staff such as administrators, librarians, staff at area studies centers, and university press representatives
- contingent faculty
- scholars based outside of the U.S.
- emeritus faculty
Rates (membership only)
- Professional membership: $45
- Discounted membership: $30
Rates (membership and early bird registration for annual meeting)
- Professional membership and early bird conference: $130
- Discounted membership and early bird conference: $100
Rates (membership and regular registration for annual meeting)
- Professional membership and conference after January 15: $160
- Discounted membership and conference after January 15: $130
You can purchase a membership online, by phone, or by mail through the University of North Carolina Press. Please visit https://www.uncpress.org/secolas-membership/ for more information.