Membership is open to all persons interested in Latin America. Its objectives are the promotion of interest in Latin America, scholarly research pertaining to Latin America in all fields, and the increase of friendly contacts among the peoples of the Americas.
UNC Press has partnership with Duke University Press (DUP) for SECOLAS memberships. You can purchase a membership online here https://uncpjournals.dukeupress.edu/the-latin-americanist. If you have questions about an existing membership please contact DUP Journals Services:
· Email [email protected]
· Phone toll-free in the US and Canada (888) 651-0122
· Phone (919) 688-5134Join today
Benefits of SECOLAS Membership:
- The right to submit articles and books to our annual prize competitions
- Subscription to The Latin Americanist (3 issues annually, plus the SECOLAS Annals)
- Regular Updates on SECOLAS Events
Types of Memberships
SECOLAS offers two membership types — professional and discounted — as outlined below. Membership begins the day dues are paid and lasts 12 months. In addition to paying for a membership, you may purchase a conference registration with your membership—people who purchase a membership with conference registration before February 1, 2022 (early bird) receive a discount. For information on location and dates of the next conference visit the SECOLAS website.
- independent scholars
- university staff such as administrators, librarians, staff at area studies centers, and university press representatives
- contingent faculty
- scholars based outside of the U.S.
- emeritus faculty
- K-12 educators
- Professional membership: $45
- Discounted membership: $30